We're just a few days away from the teams arriving to Hong Kong. The festival offers you a chance to get up close and personal with the teams and boats.
Take a closer look at the systems on board these amazing boats .
OBMG supplies and services both Mastervolt power products & B&G sailing displays and instruments which can be found on board the VOR boats.
volvo ocean race - Powered by mastervolt
Based on its excellent service provision and proven technologies, it is no surprise that Mastervolt has again been selected as official supplier. Our sustainable installations provide all systems with electricity, from the canting keel to the watermaker and media centre.
- The participating Volvo Ocean 65 boats are each powered by two MLI Ultra 24/5000 Lithium Ion batteries, giving a total battery power of 10 kWh.
- The batteries have a primary source of charging via two 24/150 A Mastervolt alternators, regulated by two Alpha Pro charge regulators, which can fully charge the Li-ion batteries in one hour. In addition, all boats are equipped with a water-powered charging system.
- Each boat is equipped with a DC distribution 500, that fuses the DC cables and can generate an alarm over the network, when a fuse blows.
- Battery monitoring is provided via the MasterShunt and the internal shunts fitted within the batteries. These components provide critical system data that is communicated via MasterBus and the CZone Bridge onto the CZone Touch 5, and the displays located at the navigation station and in the cockpit.
- There is comprehensive system monitoring provided via the CZone network, which will also emit audible and visual alarms when actions are required.
- The CZone network also powers the navigation, communication and hydraulic systems fitted within the vessel.
- When the boats are in port, charging is provided by a Mastervolt ChargeMaster 24/30-3. Regardless of the available mains (90-265 V, 50 or 60 Hz), the ChargeMaster can charge the batteries anywhere in the world.
- Detailed system diagnosis and troubleshooting are provided remotely by the Mastervolt technical team, via Master Adjust, CZone Configuration Tool and Mastervolt QS.